Oct 9, 2019
Texoma Community Credit Union (TCCU) and TexomaWithKids.com are hosting and sponsoring the second annual Youth Recycled Art Contest, in partnership with the Arts Alive! Home & Garden Festival at the MPEC on February 22 and 23, 2020!
We are calling on all K-12th grade students to create their very own work of art made out of recyclable or reused items. Students can make paintings, collage, sculptures, and more of any size and shape. Get creative! You can make anything you want!
The competition will be separated by two different age groups; K-5th and 6-12th grade. Art work will be exhibited throughout the Home & Garden Show, and will be judged on effective use of recycled/reused items, creativity and overall presentation.
For each of the two age categories, a First, Second, and Third place winner will be chosen.
- First Place: Winners will receive a $250 savings account at TCCU and their school will also receive a $250 donation from TCCU to be used for their arts program. *
- Second Place: Winners will receive a $100 savings account at TCCU and their school will also receive a $100 donation from TCCU to be used for their arts program. *
- Third Place: Winners will receive a $50 savings account at TCCU and their school will also receive a $50 donation from TCCU to be used for their arts program. *
*If homeschooled, the school donation would be given to the parent or guardian of the artist in the form of a gift card to Mardel Christian Bookstore, to be used for school supplies.
- One art piece can be submitted per person
- Art must be original
- Art must be 70% recycled/reused items
- Artist may spend no more than $15 on new art supplies – everything else must be recycled or reused items
- Art must be turned in by the deadline below, with the Art Submission Form
How to Enter:
Please drop off your art at either the Southwest Parkway or Sheppard Access Road branches of TCCU between Wednesday, January 15 and Thursday, February 20. (Please do not bring artwork to our branch Downtown.)
Artwork may also be dropped off on Friday, February 21 at the auditorium in the back hallway of the MPEC between 3 and 5:30 pm. The ART SUBMISSION FORM must be included/attached to each piece of art to identify it, or else the entry will be ineligible for the contest and prizes.
All artwork received after 5:30 pm on Friday, February 21 will be ineligible for the contest and prizes, but can still be displayed during the Home & Garden Show recycled art exhibit.
You do not have to be present to win. Art will be displayed anonymously through Saturday, February 22, when judging will take place by a panel of three impartial judges.
Art will be judged and scored on the following criteria:
- Effective use of recycled items
- Overall presentation
Artist’s identities will remain anonymous to the judges, however, the artist’s age will be disclosed and factored in to the judging evaluation process.
Certificates will be placed next to the winning pieces on Sunday, February 23, and announced on the TCCU and Texoma With Kids Facebook pages. Winners will be contacted individually on Monday, February 24.
Art Pick Up:
If you would like your artwork back at the end of the show, you must pick it up on Sunday, February 23 between 5 and 6 pm. All art not picked up before 6 pm will be forfeited by the artist.
Want to participate? Download the entry form here.
Marketing Director, Texoma Community Credit Union
Blog Editor, TexomaWithKids.com