Jul 24, 2017
Debit MasterCard and ATM Safety Tips
- Never disclose your PIN number to anyone! You are the only one who should know the PIN. Do not give it out when making purchases; you should punch in the numbers yourself, and it should be done in a way that others may not observe the numbers pressed. Even TCCU employees have NO NEED TO KNOW YOUR PIN for any reason. Do not give it to anyone over the phone or by email or text claiming to be a TCCU employee.
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM.
- Take a friend with you – especially at night.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Shield the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount.
- Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside.
- When using a drive-up ATM, make sure all passenger car doors are locked and windows are up.
- Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM.
- While many ATMs are available 24 hours a day, some may be open only during local business hours. To be on the safe side, plan your withdrawals ahead of time.
- Check with TCCU to determine what the daily limit of funds that can be withdrawn from your account is. You can do this via Access 24 telephonic banking, online banking, or TCCU Mobile App banking.