When will I be able to use my new card?
The new cards will become active on September 17. They will not work prior to this date. Please use your current TCCU debit card until then.
Can I use this card for credit-based transactions?
Yes. The new cards have the same functionality. You may use it as a credit transaction to earn awesome rewards on your TCCU checking account, or as a debit transaction using your PIN.
How do I activate my card?
You may activate your new card when you receive it by calling 1-800-448-8268. This will also allow you to change the PIN. Remember, even though the card is activated, you will not be able to make transactions until September 17.
What do I do with my old card?
We suggest cutting it up and tossing it in the trash. Or you may leave it with us and we will be glad to shred it for you. Remember to do this after September 17 because the new cards will not work until then.
What do the new cards look like?
They look great! Here's a pic to help you know which one to keep. Our business accounts will receive a gray card.
When will I receive my PIN?
You should receive your new PIN approximately two days after receiving your new card. You may change your PIN if you desire. If you like your current PIN or don't want another number to remember (oh, the memory struggle!), you can use it on the new card. :) To change the pin call 1-800-448-8268 or contact a Member Services Representative.
When was I notified?
How did we notify thee? Let us count the ways...
1. You received a letter in your July quarterly statement. Our e-statement users also received the same notification in their July 1 e-statement. Click here to read. We also sent notification in the August and September e-statements. Click here to read.
2. The debit card change was addressed in the quarterly newsletter. Click here. You received notification about the newsletter in the August paper statement and in the July e-statement. Newsletters are also available at both branches.
3. Instructions are also included when the card is mailed. Click here.
4. Online banking users received a message inside online banking on August 25.
5. TCCU also had lobby signage, flyers in the branches, digitally displayed in the monitors in the branches, and an awesome contest to be in a drawing for a big screen TV.
6. TCCU distributed an e-alert to debit card holders on Friday, Sept. 5.
If you didn't receive these notifications, we were using the contact information you provided us with during account opening. Please contact a Member Services Representative to update your information.
Do I need to change any payments tied to my old card?
Yes! Please do this as soon as possible. Any payments tied to your TCCU debit card will need to be updated. Remember the new cards will not be active until September 17 so check the date of your automatic payments before updating it.
What if I didn't get a new card?
No problemo! If you haven't received a card please call us at (940)851-4000. It may have been sent to the credit union. If we don't have it, we will mail one to you faster than you can say "red leather, yellow leather" or we can print you one from our cool new debit-card-making machine... which takes a few minutes. You pick the best option and let us know!
Why is the card changing?
Because TCCU is always making things better for our members! This new debit card processor allows us the opportunity to offer you instant issue debit cards. This means when you have a lost/stolen card there's no need to wait for a replacement in the mail! We can print it for you in less than 2 minutes at either branch. The same goes for any new accounts needing a debit card.
Can I REALLY win a TV?
Yes! You REALLY can. We're not pulling your leg. Every time you use your new card from September 17-October 17, you will be entered in a drawing for one of two 55" smart TV's. Check them out at either branch. So swipe away, friend. Swipe away.